Since our foundation in 2001, Vernon | David and its lawyers in both Bucharest and Chisinau have been mentioned and ranked in all of the major international ranking and reference services, including Chambers and Partners Global and Europe, Legal 500, IFLR 1000 and PLC Which Lawyer.
We have also received numerous awards and accolades, including being declared “Energy Law Firm of the Year” (2012) by Romania’s leading financial newspaper, Ziarul Financiar, for our work in the hydro-electric sector.
We have been ranked over the years in many different categories, including Corporate and M&A, Real Estate, Banking and Finance, Project Finance, IT Telecoms and Media, Energy and Natural Resources, PPP and Procurement, and Dispute Resolution.
In addition, our office in Chisinau, Moldova is also highly regarded, is often ranked in either the first or second tier.
- Vernon│David is a ‘top-notch boutique firm’ according to clients, with partner Charles Vernon, in particular, praised for his ‘customer care skills’.
- According to one client, ‘the service was fantastic, with friendly intelligent lawyers you can actually reach on the phone’.
- The team has great strength in real estate financing, as well as acquisitions and development expertise.
- Real estate and regulatory work are areas of expertise for Vernon | David. Diana Neagu and Charles Vernon are the names to note.
- Clients say the service offered by the banking and finance team at Vernon | David is ‘exceptional’.
- Charles Vernon, the US qualified managing partner is described as ‘affable, with a big legal brain’.
- Vernon│David is one of the market leaders in this area (IT, Telecoms and Media)….
- According to clients, the team ‘understood our needs and managed the process up to completion with great skill’.
- […] clients are impressed with the firm’s ‘commercial awareness’….
- Clients enthuse about the firm’s ‘ability to deliver swift responses every time’.
- Vernon│David partner Daniela David is a ‘talented litigation lawyer and someone you definitely want arguing on your side, not against you’.
- Employment, tax and competition disputes are all areas of strength for Vernon | David. Clients are impressed with the practice’s ‘legal prowess and commercial insight’.
- […] corporate finance partner Diana Neagu ‘is a very good person to have on your side in negotiations and for complex banking and lending matters;’
- The advice is ‘excellent’ and the office’s managing partner George Teodorescu is ‘very hard working, conscientious and reliable,’
- One client adds, ‘although the office is newly established, we have found the local team to be very good.’
- […] Vernon | David has made very good inroads into the market. The firm acts for an impressive range of international banks, blue-chip companies and law firms.
- Clients commend the firm for its “efficiency and promptness” and for “having an answer yesterday.” Their cases are invariably large and complex but feedback has found this relatively large Romanian practice refreshingly free of bureaucracy.
- This impressive commercial outfit makes waves for its alternative pitch and extensive client roster, as well as its “prompt and responsive” lawyers who “not only identify problems but provide pragmatic solutions.”
- The experts in finance at this firm have excellent relationships with major international banks and have been involved with impressive corporate files in the banking, real estate and energy sectors. A versatile team handles litigations, employment issues, bankruptcy filings and restructurings in addition to M&A. Loyal clients are impressed by a “trustworthy and client-oriented” set of lawyers led by US-qualified Charles Vernon.
- Interviewees appreciate the “hands-on approach” of managing partner Charles Vernon, asserting that he “delegates work well, but also keeps a close eye on what is being done.” Sources were quick to praise his commercial nous, with one client remarking: “He puts himself in our shoes and views problems from a business as well as a legal perspective.”
We have been ranked repeatedly over the years in IFLR 1000 as a leading firm in the region. In Moldova, we have been ranked as a top firm in financial and corporate transactions and our Romania practice is noted for its M&A practice.
- Moldova - we are currently ranked in Tier 1 for Financial and Corporate.
- Diana Neagu - is "Highly Regarded" as a leading banking lawyer.
- Maria Nica - is ranked in M&A in Romania.