Eduard is an acknowledge expert in labor and employment matters. In addition, he is a known authority in media and audiovisual law. During the last year, Eduard was the lead lawyer on the drafting of the new Labor Code for Moldova, a IFC sponsored project.
Over the last few years, besides his drafting of the new Labor Code, he has represented various international and Moldovan clients on a multitude of employment matters, including advising on collective bargaining agreements, the legal ramifications on of the transfer of employees following a transfer of undertaking as well as with providing guidance on termination and disciplinary matters, management and employment agreements, work permits and visas and management restructuring. He is also a well-known expert on migration and the legal regime related to expats and foreign aliens.
Besides his labor practice, Eduard is also a Teaching Assistant for Labor Law at the Moldovan University of European Studies.
- national legal expert for improving the legal framework of migration and legal status of foreigners; advised on amending the Law of Migration;
- acting as the national legal expert in relation to the IFC regarding the drafting of the new Labor Code for the Republic of Moldova;
- assisted the National Olympic Committee of the Republic of Moldova with a number of labour, IP and litigation matters;
- advised a local American NGO with employment and labor matters;
- assisted a leading US management consulting company with a series of Moldovan labour law issues, including on which types of Individual Labour Agreements are most suitable for use, incentives and redundancies;
- advised a large US-based NGO on options in terminating Individual Labour Agreements under Moldovan law;
- advised one of the world’s largest international charitable organizations with various employment matters including individual labour agreements, dismissals, work and residency permits;
- drafting and implementing internal rules and regulations for a variety of foreign investors and large Moldova companies as well as drafting and negotiating collective bargaining agreements;
- analyzing, reviewing and drafting laws, Governmental resolutions, instructions and regulations on behalf of and in support for the Republican Center for Children and Youth. These measures where then submitted and approved by the Ministry of Education.
- LL.B, Moldova University of European Studies, Chisinau, Moldova
- LL.M, Moldova University of European Studies, Chisinau, Moldova
- Ph.D, candidate in Labour Law, Moldova State University, Chisinau, Moldova