Irina specializes in litigation, arbitration and civil law, with a special focus on fiscal and commercial conflicts, insolvency and bankruptcy and contentious administrative disputes. Irina has worked on some of the most important cases in recent Romania history, including recently on a leading Green Certificate case against the Romanian State.
Her work includes leading the firm’s efforts on a complex litigation outsourcing assignment (the portfolio was over 100 files) for one of Romania’s largest steel manufacturers. During this project, she was responsible for strategy, managing and directing the client’s numerous cases and matters, including restitution claims, property disputes, labor matters and commercial litigation.
Irina also has experience in telecommunication issues and was seconded as counsel to Ericsson Romania. During this assignment, she worked on numerous legal issues including drafting and negotiating contracts and assisting with regulatory matters.
- assisted a Romanian iron powder producer (part of a large US group) with a complex dispute against the environmental authorities. This is a leading case with regard environmental regulations;
- represented a UK food supplier in a claim against Romanian’s biggest chicken meat company for damages caused by a recall of the products delivered by the Romanian company. This is one Romania’s leading food safety cases;
- represented a leading Spanish tech company in relation to the use of innovative technology solutions for sustainability in the energy and water infrastructure projects. The case involves numerous claims and court filings with regard to use of such technology, with a case value of over Euro 10 million;
- assisted Romania’s largest mining operation with several disputes against Romanian public authorities (cases were valued in the Euro 10’s of millions);
- advised one of Romania’s largest breweries in several commercial litigation cases (value in the 10’s of millions);
- represented an UK insurance company with an insurance fraud case involving Romanian’s largest energy distribution company;
- assisted a Romanian gold mine in a complex equipment and property dispute;
- represented an Italian multinational cement producer in a complex dispute regarding the building a clinker grinding plant in Romanian and for the production, sale and distribution of cement.
- represented a client in one of the largest insolvency cases in recent Romanian history. The case involved a state company and one of the most important chemical producers in the Central and Eastern Europe and included numerous claims and files;
- assisted a leading Romanian supplier of plastic bottles with regard to the collection of millions of Euros of receivables, including advising on several large insolvencies and bankruptcies as well as on matters involving “pre-insolvency” collection strategies;
- represented one of the top 5 agricultural businesses in Romania in an insolvency claim filed against it;
- represented a leading Romanian bank in the insolvency and restructuring of one of Romania’s leading oil equipment manufacturers.
- represented Romania’s leading pipe manufacturer in dispute against the fiscal authorities for interest due for the late payment of VAT reimbursement. She won the case with a value in the Euro millions;
- represented a leading Agro-business in several claims against the Romanian fiscal authorities. Value in the Euro 100’s of thousands;
- represented one of Romania’s mining operations with several large tax disputes against the Romanian public authorities. Value in Euro millions;
- represented a client in a tax dispute with the Romanian Environmental authorities.