Sergiu is the Managing Attorney of Vernon | David’s Moldovan office. He specializes in commercial and corporate law as well as real estate transactions, with a special focus on commercial agreements, M&A matters and high-end real estate projects. In addition, Sergiu has significant experience in litigation and arbitration matters.
Over the last few years he has acted as a local team leader on numerous projects in a variety of industries, including telecom, media, television, sport, agriculture, seeds and crop protection, pharmaceuticals, steel production, banks and infrastructure. From start-up to acquisition to post-acquisition work, Sergiu has advised on all facets of commercial and corporate law.
Sergiu has represented Moldovan and international clients in both local and international litigation and arbitration matters. He is a listed arbitrator for the International Court of Commercial Arbitration attached to the "American Chamber of Commerce in Moldova" (AmCham) and for the International Commercial Arbitration Court attached to the International Association of Road Transporters (AITA).
- Advised one of the largest German retailers on its entry into the Moldovan market, including advising on corporate structures, commercial agreements and real estate matters;
- Advised one of the world’s largest agro-businesses with its general corporate matters, labour issues, restructuring of operations and with litigation and disputes;
- Advised a world leading tobacco company on a variety of issues, including regulatory and general commercial matters in support of their business in Moldova;
- Advised a booming Baltic micro-financing entity with its entry to the Moldovan market, including assisting with regulatory issues, licensing and contracts/documentation.
- Assisted and represented the National Olympic Committee of the Republic of Moldova with a number of international arbitration matters;
- Assisting and currently representing a Romanian road construction company in a series of arbitration matters against the Moldovan state. This is one of the largest arbitrations of its kind against the Moldovan State;
- Advised a large Ukrainian energy company with its international commercial arbitration before the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce under the Energy Charter Treaty.
- Assisted one of the world’s largest religious charities and NGO’s with the relocation of their East European regional office from Russia to Moldova. This included advising on labor issues, organization structures, permitting and licensing as well as with several large real estate acquisitions and developments;
- Assisted a telecom company in connection with the development and operation of the first national-wide fiber optic network in Moldova, including real estate issues, right-of-way regulations and public concession matters;
- Assisted Moldova national air carrier on real estate matters concerning its proposed privatization as well as with as advising on selling options and structures;
- Advised an Italian-owned clothes manufactory facility on general real estate issues, including rental agreements, purchase agreements and so on.
- LL.B., Moldova State University, Chisinau, Moldova
- LL.M., Moldova University of European Studies, Chisinau, Moldova
- PhD candidate in International Private Law, Academy of Science of Moldova, the Institute of History, State and Law
2006 (Moldovan Bar)